01 August, 2008

Rome

Hello all!
I am currently in Rome, Italy and having a wonderful time still. Today we went to the Vatican City! It was incredible! Everything inside is absolutely beautiful. It is all very detailed and extremely well done, as expected. We were in St. Peter's Basillica and we saw the Sistine Chapel. We also saw the tombs of all the popes. My favorite part was the easily the Sistine Chapel. It was just utterly breathtaking. We aren't supposed to take pictures but I totally got a picture of the really famous part of the ceiling where God is reaching out to Adam. Yesterday, I got to go to the Colloseum and the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill. Not sure I spelled all that right, but you get the idea. The Roaman Forum and the Palatine hill took somewhere between 3-5 hours. It was huge!!! It was literally all of the downtown of ancient Rome but in ruins obviously. There was also the house of Augustus in the Ruins and that was pretty cool. Last night we saw the Trevi Fountain which aparently really famous but I had never heard of before. It was again huge and very cool. It is really hard for me to explain everything without showing you so as soon as I figure out how to put pictures up I will try and put up the thousand pics I've got. I am not exagerating by the way. I really do have over one thousand pictures so far. Tomorrow we are going to see the Pantheon and the Fountain of the 4 Rivers. Then we leave for Venice on Sunday. I probably won't be updating before that though, so I will get back soon!

2 comments:

Aunt Michelle said...

This is Aunt Michelle. Stephen I am glad you are having a wonderful time. I can't wait to see all the pictures, and you said you would not take many pictures. Was I right or not. LOL :)
It is good that you set up this blog it is great to read what you are up too. I will keep this short, I hope you all have a wonderful time and be safe. Tell Bethany hello from me.
Love Aunt Michelle

Mom said...

eHey buddy! Glad things are going woderful for you. We are busy getting ready for camp. Wish you were with us but I know you are having a wonderful time. Love to all. More later. We are having a difficult time finding an international phone card. Will have one today and call tomorrow. Can't wait to see your pics.